Butthole Cactus Butthole Cactus

i gave it a 5 to be honest because i really wanted to see more!
but i have these comments:

- Great Music, but title screen music was a little annoying
- Great story line to be honest! was simple and funny and could expand to soo much more
- The name caught my eye and i had to check it out, was so funny
- Nice simplistic characters, leaving room for much more personality traits as the story progresses
- loved that you had to move to see the rules and options
- the controls felt nice
- Nice that the options featured the possibility to stop some animations if they irritated the eye.
- Funny sound when you went through the butthole. that and the color of the confetti made it really satisfying to beat a level.

Bad stuff:
- The death animation from the cactus was really funny, therefore it sucks that the wall and rock death didn't have animation
- The rocks are just still frames rotating no matter what direction they're heading.. you could make that better by actually animating it
- on the first stage with three rocks, it is actually possible to rest/stand inside one of the black guys.. you might wanna check that out.
- It was kinda annoying that when you died, the rocks would go back to their starting point as well. i prefer the stages move continuously and if you die then you are the only one being set to start.
- Game turned kinda boring after second world, but i finished it in hope of addings to the level and a great ending..
- The ending wasn't great compared to the introduction.
- The whole 'timing the rocks' got really tidious fast. not rocks in general but the "here's a looong passage with a rock at the end so you have to figure out when to move at the beggining, then wait 4 seconds and die"

Great game! love to see more of the butthole cactus!

StuffBySpencer responds:

this is a very well thought out and very helpful critique, thank you!

A tot of the negatives you mentioned occurred to me during development and I debated on whether or not they were problematic. Seeing how you felt encourages me to make these changes in future projects.

Thank you very much for playing and leaving feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Silent Asylum Silent Asylum

you could have spend more time on the story, especially the ending part. Maybe you wanted to go for the 'simple-so-everyone-can-relate' story, but i find it way too simple. Im trapped but can go to the yard and probably figure out a way there? what's keeping me back? a strange force? Maybe a second motive which force me to figure out the puzzles. The gargoyle puzzle with the book i found really cryptic as well, but maybe i wasn't putting too much effort into figuring that one out. Also maybe you should have picked different rooms to be in? to be honest i loved the you could go anywhere with the map, because the arrows didn't really help me at all but made me more disoriented. I prefer these sort of games where the arrows point directly towards where you're going (doors hallways etc)

please don't get defensive like with the 'Funsoms' user. Along with the good reviews you get critique as well, and it seems very unprofessional to go with the "it's the way it is because that's the way i like it and everybody does". Maybe you should try elaborating why your methods work when getting criticized?

B-Lock B-Lock

it's an okay platformer,
but the movement of the character is extremely annoying. He's way to fast compared, He gliding for far too long when stopping, His jump is extremely short (id rather remove the dash thingy and have him jump higher instead of short jumps). Why can some enemies move through walls? Why does the saw go behind the trampoline so you get hurt by jumping on it?
I made it to the third level and were already bored and annoyed by the tiny little things that could have improved the game.

It had a lot of potential though :)

Ping Pong Ping Pong

i like the sound effects and layout but the hitbox is way too small for your own square

MrPinku: Let's Sell Pizza MrPinku: Let's Sell Pizza

its okay! the story doesn't have to be better than that :) i wish you were better at drawing and animating the scenes. And for god sake either put some more time for each stage or make sure that the repeat button doesn't send you to the beginning of the story, that's quite annoying!

MrPinku responds:

Yeap a frustrating game.
But it's a good idea and I've fixed the game: Now when time out you go back to the begining of the stage.

A Kitty Dream A Kitty Dream

nice game, but maybe i went the wrong way or something.
i just got the power to dash, but i can't get over the water or get back up the way i came in.
a game that leaves you trapped with no mute button or load/reset button gives two stars down

Fate Machine 1.0 Fate Machine 1.0

you get two stars for creativity,
but i don't approve of these types of engines